Eternal Encouragement Newsletter Review

E-mail, e-mail, e-mail...  I don't know about you but I sign up for so many e-mails I think will be useful, but I often don't get to look at them.  Between being a wife, mom, teacher, homemaker and many other roles I don't always get to read everything I sign up for.  I admit it.  I have every intention of reading the tips and advice of being a better wife, mom, teacher, etc.  When we were asked to sign up for the Eternal Encouragement newsletter, I was already a member of this wonderful resource.  This is one of a newsletters I make sure to take the time to read.

I was asked to review two of the most recent newsletters.  This was obviously an easy thing for me to do!  :)  I love to read and love all the words of encouragement in these newsletters.  The first one I was asked to review was sent February 10th and the second one was February 17th.  The topic of the newsletter sent the 10th, which was in time for Valentines Day, covered marriage.  I can think no better topic to cover for that week.  I loved how Lorrie put this sentence regarding disagreements in a marriage.  "Successful couples know how to keep the disagreements from spilling over and contaminating the rest of their relationship."  I believe this to be very true!  My husband and I have had our disagreements, but we always make sure that we don't go to bed angry and that whatever was being discussed was resolved in some matter.  It isn't always easy.  But we always do it.

The other thing I love about these newsletters are a little thing called "Chick Flicks for Mom."  I absolutely love these videos from Lorrie.  They are short, cute and to the point.  I have found them to be very helpful to me.  My most favorite one right now was the one dealing parenting our children and obedience!  The lesson learned from that one I wound up writing down and laminating!  It is now posted in the main area of my house so my 3 boys can see it.  We are working on memorizing the rhyme that was submitted to Lorrie about obedience.

Then there are the Timely Tips in the newsletters!  The two that I am going to talk about in my review are very important to me.  The first one dealt with Praying for your husband.  Now I know we all know we are supposed to pray for our husbands, but do we really know how to pray for them?  The timely tip linked to a document talking about why we need to pray for our husbands and also gave a 31 day plan to pray for your husband.  Each day includes a specific request and Bible verse to go with that request.  I found that very important!  I know that I want to pray for my husband, but I often don't know what to pray for.  This has been a great help!

The 2nd timely tip dealt with a budget!  This comes at a great time for me as I am leading a class on finances at our church.  Having a budget is important but sticking to it is even more important!  Anne Herrick talks about how reading Dave Ramsey's book "The Total Money Makeover" really helped her and her husband realize they were living outside their means and then gave them the tools to get things under control.  I HIGHLY recommend reading any of Dave Ramsey's books or taking his Financial Peace University course!  (which is what I lead at our church)  I am seeing things in a new way since leading this class.  We are learning to live within our means and also be able to save for our future, the future of our kids and to also be able to give to others!  Seeing this timely tip in the newsletter was just another encouraging article to help us along our way.  You can read this story here.

Along with all those things there is information on sales and discounts on products from the website.  There are some great deals out there!  www.HomemakingWithTeach.com

I HIGHLY recommend signing up for the newsletter.  It has helped me in so many ways.  I want to be a better mom to my boys, a better wife to my husband and a better child of God.  The newsletter is so encouraging and is a great addition to my day.  I look forward to getting this each week.

To sign up for Eternal Encouragement go to www.EternalEncouragement.com.  Once you go there a window should pop up to sign up for the newsletter.  If for some reason it does not, go to this website and scroll down to the bottom.  The sign up will be on the bottom left-hand side.  www.theshop.eternalencouragement.com

Also, take some time to visit us at the Gabby Moms!  We have a lot of moms that are reviewing these wonderful products, newsletters, etc.  www.thegabbymoms.com

I am reviewing Encouraging Moments as an official member of The Gabby Moms blogging program for Eternal Encouragement magazine.  I did not receive compensation for this post and all opinions are solely my own.
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment