Rain

So now that Spring has arrived, my next favorite thing is rain.  Especially Thunderstorms.  I LOVE hearing the thunder.  It's powerful booms that shake my house, the feeling that I am not as in control as I want to be, that there is a God who is more powerful than anything and that He can calm the storm if needed.

I don't know exactly when my fascination for thunderstorms began.  But I remember somewhat early on in my childhood enjoying the sound of the thunder and rain. 

We just had our first round of thunderstorms this week.  It was so nice to know that spring was here and we would be getting green grass, tree blossoms, flowers would be blooming and life returns again to the earth.

As I walked the dog this morning (in the rain), I was looking at how green the grass had become since the weather had warmed up and we had gotten our first rains of the season.  The brown was diminishing and I could see the freshness of the grass.  The smell was intoxicating.  I love the smell of freshly rained on grass.

I noticed my lilac bush was getting it buds.  So was the dogwood tree's.  Oh the beauty of creation.

Rain nourishes the earth.  Gives it that much needed drink after a long winter.

For The Beauty Of The Earth

For the beauty of the earth,
For the beauty of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our grateful hymn of praise.

For the beauty of each hour
Of the day and of the night,
Hill and vale, and tree and flower,
Sun and moon and stars of light,
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our grateful hymn of praise.

For the joy of human love,
Brother, sister, parent, child,
Friends on earth, and friends above,
Pleasures pure and undefiled,
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our grateful hymn of praise.

For each perfect gift of thine,
To our race so freely given,
Graces human and divine,
Flowers of earth and buds of heaven,
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our grateful hymn of praise.

For thy Church which evermore
Lifteth holy hands above,
Offering up on every shore
Her pure sacrifice of love,
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our grateful hymn of praise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment