True Treasures Book Review

Blessed is how I should describe myself after reading this book.

Let me start by giving a little bit of info about myself.  I have been married for 9 1/2 wonderful years!  I married the love of my life.  We had our first child, a boy, during our first year of marriage.  5 years later we had our 2nd son and started homeschooling.  Nearly 3 years after that we had our 3rd child, another boy!  I am a stay-at-home mom with 3 wonderful, yet sometimes crazy, active boys!

Does your day look like this?  You wake up at 9am because the baby was up twice last night.  You had EVERY intention of getting up early to star that "schedule" you have dreamed of, which included 30-45 minutes of exercise time and devotions for you.  Your 2 oldest boys are having their own WWE match in the living room and you didn't realize you were the referee.  The baby is crying because you are dealing with the WWE match in the living room and he needs to be nursed.  You try to do school but get no cooperation.  Then 4 O'clock rolls around and you have NO idea what is going to be prepared for dinner and you forgot that tonight the night you are supposed to take your oldest child to Taekwondo.  So you get everyone ready after a rushed dinner, head to the class and call your husband to let him know where you are and just how chaotic your day has been.  After class, you head back home, get the kids ready for bed and then settle down for time to breathe and try to figure out just what happened today.  If this is your day then I can totally relate to you.  This is often my day and when this day happens it makes me lost sight of something.  My "why."

My why is my children, my blessings.  As much as I get frustrated at the day described above, it is because I have forgotten my why.  Our children our only young once.  We try so hard to be the perfect mom and well, it's a hard job that we have.   We try to be the best wife, mom, homemaker and sometimes, if we are lucky, we achieve that but there are probably more days than not that we feel like we fail.  I truly believe that it is our calling to raise our children in the way of the Lord, to have God in the center of our marriage, and to keep HIM first.  And to do that we need a lot, I say A LOT of support!  The Bible is my #1 source but I often read other books to give me some inspiration and provide some extra encouragement.  I need to know that there are other mothers out there like me.

When the opportunity came by to be part of a review team thought it would be a great opportunity.  Little did I know that the book I would be reading would hit home with me.

The book which is a beautiful trove of stories from TEACH Magazine.  They touched my heart.  I would read it during our lunch break and I noticed times when the story I was reading would apply to what I was going through that day.  They touched my emotions and helped me regroup so I could make it through the day.  The different authors were great.  I love how they each had their own unique experience to share with us.  It is such a blessing to know that we as mothers are not alone.  We will all go through similar experiences at one point or another.

True Treasures is put together in such a way that if you are struggling in a certain area that you can go where you need inspiration.  I loved that about it!  Some of the stories will make you look deep within yourself, some will hit that emotion box where the kleenex box is required and some will make you smile and realize that God is there with you.  He knows your situation and your hearts desires.  He wants you to be the mom that He created you to be.  I am so grateful that the authors do a wonderful job in keeping Christ and the Scripture in these treasures.  That helps keep me focused.  I know that God is with me and that there is no problem too big that I can't handle with HIS help.  Philippians 4:13 ~ I can do ALL things through Christ who gives me strength.  It is not our own strength but what we glean from Him, through reading the word, through reading an amazing resource of encouragement like this one.

I am blessed to have been able to read this book and offer my thoughts.  I hope that those of you who are reading this will consider it an investment.  Just like your time in the Bible, I think that True Treasures will also offer encouragement to you.  I know it did for me.

You can view this product and many others at  www.HomemakingWithTEACH.com

**Disclaimer** ~ I received this product for honest review from TEACH Magazine as part of The Gabby Mom's blogging program.  All opinions expressed are solely my own.

Click here to go to The Gabby Moms
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment