The Unexpected...

What happens when the unexpected happens?  We started school back in July.  With 1 subject at a time we slowly introduced a new subject every 2 weeks.  Well on Sunday, August 19th, I suffered a major gall bladder attack.  I wound up going into the hospital on Wednesday.  What I thought was going to be a simple gall bladder removal wound up being 6 days and 1 surgery.  My extended stay wound up being due to liver and pancreas issues as well as my gall bladder.

Needless to say, our school schedule went absolutely out the window.  Friends and family rallied to help us with our 3 boys that needed to be watched as I was in the hospital with my husband and Cordelia.  Our school plans that I had worked on got derailed and now I am in the process of re-evaluating and organizing.  I think from now on I am going to plan maybe 2 weeks at a time.  To quote the late John Lennon, "Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." 

Today is our first day back and we are going slow.  But that's ok.  I am only 3weeks post-surgery.  Still have to take things easy.  My husband has been great!  My kids are adjusting to the schedule and necessary things they need to do to help around the house.  It has been a challenge.  We had things we planned on doing this summer that just haven't worked out.  Life goes on.  We are adapting.  It's good to be flexible.  I applaud my family for being so resilient. 

So in the end, if life throws you a lemon, make the lemonade and enjoy it.  Work through the challenges and changes that are thrown your way.  Do what you can to be flexible. 
Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment