Godly Woman: The 5 R's of Godly Womanhood Product Review Part 2

Welcome to part 2 of my review for The 5 R's of Godly Womanhood.  I am going to start by saying thank you to Lorrie, Eternal Encouragement and The Gabby Mom's for giving me this opportunity to review such great products.  This one came at a much needed time in my life.  

I have been struggling with the daily life of a stay at home homeschooling mom.  I often find myself getting frustrated even before the day begins.  My house always seems to be mass chaos.  (I have 3 boys so I often use them as my excuse)  I often feel run down and like there is NEVER enough time in the day to accomplish everything.  To top it all off we officially started school this past week.  We never really took the summer off, just a few breaks here and there.  So I have been completely frazzled!

I had listened to all of the 5 R's back when we first got them for review.  Little did I know that as I was listening to the last 3 for part 2 of the review how much they would give me what I needed to get me through this week.

If you don't remember the 5 R's are the following.

Refresh - A woman who kneels before God can stand before anyone!
Rekindle - Red hot is so cool
Refine - From homekeeping 101 to Graduating with Honors
Rejuvenate - What to do when Abel is raising Cain
Rest - Give it up and Give it all

This review is for the last 3 R's.  Refine, Rejuvenate and Rest.
As I said above, listening to these again couldn't have come at a more perfect time in my life.  I struggle each year with trying to get organized with school preparations.  Between getting the house cleaned, organized and also getting all the school supplies, curriculum set up for the year.  Lorrie's teaching on Refining was such a great reminder and help to me.  I have been applying things I have heard to my life the past month.  What a blessing it has been.  Between planning out my day, scheduling better and trying really hard to stick to a routine, my days have gone so much smoother.  We still hit some bumps.  The baby wakes up in the middle of the night and takes 2 hours to fall back asleep will necessitate a later wake-up time for me which will throw off the start time of our day.  But by lunch time we are almost where we should be in our day.  I have noticed the kids are getting used to the routines we are starting to follow.  It has helped me to enjoy our first week and look forward to the upcoming year!

In Rejuvenate Lorrie talks about child training.  In Proverbs 22:6 it says "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Consistency is probably the hardest thing about training up children in the way they should go.  Each child needs love, training and discipline when they make decisions that go against the rules of the house.  It is important to establish those rules early on and keep up with the training so that they know them.  If they disobey, then the appropriate discipline is given.  

One thing I am working hard on is not being angry/frustrated when I need to discipline my children.  I am not consistent all the time and often struggle with this.  So, I will count to 30 and make sure that I take them aside from the other children, then ask what they did wrong and why it is wrong.  After that the appropriate discipline is given.  It is also important that we not be afraid to discipline our children.  We love them and want them to live a long time while also living for God.  

Even our Heavenly Father disciplined us by kicking Adam and Eve out of Eden.  They were given everything and one act of disobedience ruined the perfection God created.  So they were disciplined.  I am sure it was not easy for Him just as it is not always easy for us.  But it is our job/duty as parents.  We must not fail our children.  In today's society, parents are becoming afraid to discipline their children for fear of squenching their personalities.  We must not be afraid of this.  Is it hard, yes, but it is worth it in training up a son (or daughter) in the way of the Lord. 

The last R is Rest - Give it up and Get it all.  Now when you think of rest, what is the first thing that comes to mind?  Is it a long bubble bath?  Watching a movie and letting time slip away?  Or perhaps reading a good book while sitting in the hammock with your favorite tea?

In this session, Lorrie offers what might be the best way I have heard this put in a long time.  I'll agree that all of the above definitely seem relaxing or restful.  But really does that solve the dilemma of being "rested".  As a wife, mom, homeschooler, housewife, we are always putting our families first.  This is VERY important.  But who fills our cup when we are running on empty.  A bubble bath can't do that.  But our God can.  By reading His word and taking time for others I feel rested.   

Lorrie's sessions for the 5 R's of Godly Womanhood have helped me in many ways.  I definitely feel better about my role in life as a wife, mother, homeschool mom, housekeeper and I feel more prepared to take on any other role that God has planned for me.  It won't always be easy but if I keep Him first, He will show me the way he has for me in every aspect of my life.

If you would like to see more reviews of The 5 R's of Godly Womanhood head over to the Gabby Mom's website


If you would like to purchase The 5 R's of Godly Womanhood click here.


Disclaimer: I received The 5 R’s to Godly Womanhood as an official member of The Gabby Moms blogging program for Eternal Encouragement Magazine. I did not receive compensation for this post and all opinions are solely my own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment