The Frazzled Female

So I am going to be leading a study this summer (hopefully).  I chose the Frazzled Female because I can so relate to that persona!  As a mother of 3 boys I sometimes feel like I am constantly pulling my hair out trying to manage everything.  I don't know HOW mothers with more than 3 children do it all the time.  What's even more interesting is that I would love to have more children.  So I sometimes question my sanity on this issue.  However, in preparation for this study I have come to realize something that I guess I have known all along.  The source of our strength is not from ourselves (though we sometimes try to make it so) but from the Lord.  It is HE who gives us strength in our daily lives.  Sometimes I forget this when the children are screaming at one another.  I admit that in NO way am I a perfect mother.  I am so far from it that sometimes that frustrates me even more.  I then overcompensate and wind up trying to do too much which leads to me getting very "frazzled" and forgetting to rely on Him for my strength.  God doesn't expect me to be something that I can't.  Only One has been perfect and it took his death on the cross for MY sins that I might be able to live again with Him in Heaven.  I am SO very thankful for the gift of Salvation through Jesus Christ.  Without Him I would be nothing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment